Monday, July 8, 2013

Get Organized Week 1

July is the Get Organized module.  I think the ultimate goal is to make sure everything has and is in its place.  The first week was dedicated to assessing the current information (mostly digital) that needs to be stored and how you're currently storing it.  I'll put my list of tools I use below.  The upcoming week is mostly about putting things in their place as they come in.

I figured I wouldn't really have any changes during this part, but I've realized some things that I've been slacking on or didn't have a good system for.  This should be a nice, low-effort module with a good return.

In the essence of last month's module (Simplify Your Day), I'm attempting to reduce the amount of things I give myself to do each day.  My goal is to be able to complete everything in my nozbe list for the day some time in the afternoon.  That will give me a feeling of accomplishment, reduce stress, and free up time to workout, relax, or start some side projects.

Still not Writing or Meditating.

I haven't been Eating Healthy, but that should be all back on track this week.  Conversely, I've been without soda since May 28th (41 days so far).  I even did no caffeine (not even tea) for 8 days (up till today I had vacation; so, no need to focus).  I'm back on tea now, but I switched to green tea, because it's supposed to be the best, and I have to concentrate at work.

Procrastination hasn't been great, but pretty decent considering the vacation.


Organizational Tools - List tools currently used for main types of information

  • Task tools
    • Nozbe
    • Some Evernote checklists
    • WellnessFX app
  • Calendar and planning
    • Google calendar
    • Nozbe
    • Evernote
  • Inbox
    • Gmail
    • Hipchat
    • Facebook
    • Text message
    • Mail
    • Walkovers
    • Voicemail
  • Financial
    • Mint
    • Google drive
  • Read later
    • Bookmarks folder
    • Gmail
  • Other work/personal info
    • Evernote
    • Google docs
    • Drawer
    • iPhone Notes
  • Passwords secure info
    • Google docs
    • Passpack
  • Receipts, financial docs, drafts, tickets
    • Google docs
    • Evernote
    • Eventbrite app
    • Drawer
  • Contact management
    • Gmail contacts
    • iPhone contacts (synced)

No comments:

Post a Comment