Friday, February 8, 2013

Healthy Eating Week 1


My task for the previous week was to make a small, mindful healthy eating change.  I chose to eat avocado once a day.  This worked out really well.  I ate avocado 6 of 7 days.  This was made easier because I started eating multiple meals again, and the lunch salad was begging for some avocado.  I was a little lax on being mindful while eating it, but I'm really starting to get used to the flavor and texture.  It should be easy to keep this food in my diet forever.

On the procrastination front, I have been just as 50% successful as I was before.  I'm starting to note what works and what doesn't, but that doesn't necessarily fix the problem.  Baby steps.

I recently had a WellnessFX consult (I'll try to write about it at some point) where one of the suggestions was to swap out my daily 20oz Diet Mt. Dew with 3-4 cups of Green Tea.  Other than substituting my caffeine intake, I'd be substituting whatever poison they put in diet sodas with the hippy health benefits of Green Tea.  For the purposes of small changes during this Sea Change month of Healthy Eating, I'm only committing to drinking one cup of Green Tea every day.  I'm not going to cut out the DMD.  I just want to get used to the process, taste, texture, etc.  We'll see where it gets me.  I will continue to eat avocado every day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment