Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Procrastination Week 1


The goal for this week was to form the habit of setting the Most Important Task first thing in the morning.  After the first couple days of forgetting to do it right away, I got my shit together.

On the first day, I modified the goal slightly.  I decided that, with respect to the goal of the month, what I really need to set each day is my Most Important Procrastinated Task.  There are plenty of important tasks that I have no procrastination issues with.

Although I was solid on setting my MITP each day, I did a pretty poor job of actually accomplishing them.  I usually blamed it on not having a chunk of time or something.  Classic procrastination.  I don't feel that bad, because the goal was just to set the task.

The goal for this week is Habit 2 - Start.  The idea is just getting started, at any point, even for just a minute, will overcome the majority of procrastination.  This is absolutely true in my experience.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment