Saturday, December 10, 2011

30 Day Voice Over Trial - Day 3

I read some more blog posts and looked up a few books that I could read on voice over (aka voice acting).  I decided to get some audio down.  I transcribed the beginning of a great demo I found on SoundCloud (Anthony Gettig Commercial Voiceover Demo by anthonygettig).  Then I recorded a bit of me doing it in GarageBand.  I uploaded it to SoundCloud.

VO Trial - Day 3 - Commercial Voiceover Demo by Jeremy Barth

The main problem I think I have so far is a lack of pitch variance.  My highs aren't high enough specifically.  It takes the excitement out.

As soon as I had GarageBand ready to record, I realized something that I hadn't considered before.  I was extremely self-conscious about doing the voice.  Its not even a different voice than mine, but I had to wait until Angela left.  I could barely get more than a couple of takes.  I need to get over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment